These adorable diy watermelon cupcake toppers are perfect for your summer soiree, watermelon-themed party or just about any party! You can make & frost your own cupcakes (I made funfetti ones) or use store-bought ones.
Stuff You'll Need:
- 2.25" round cookie cutter
- white fondant
- icing colors in green, pink & black
- rolling pin & mat
- small pastry brush & water
1. Divide fondant into 3 medium size balls, then use icing colors to make green, pink and black fondant.
2. Take the green fondant and roll out with rolling pin. Next, roll out the pink fondant.
3. Using your round cookie cutter, cut out circles from the green & pink fondant.
4. With your knife, cut circles in half. Place pink fondant pieces on top of green pieces, brushing with a little water to attach.
5. Use pinch-size pieces of the black fondant to make seeds. Press into watermelon wedges.
6. Attach a toothpick to the bottom of each watermelon topper.
7. Place a topper on a frosted cupcake.
Hooray for summer!!