These cookies are so chocolately, so chewy, and oh-so yummy. They're made with rich cocoa powder and milk chocolate chips. They're guaranteed to satisfy your chocolate craving!
Double (Trouble) Chocolate Cookies
- 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/8 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a stand mixer, add butter and sugars & mix on medium speed until creamy, light and fluffy.
3) Add egg, and beat until well incorporated. Add the vanilla extract and beat until they are well incorporated.
4) In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and the salt with a whisk.
5) With the stand mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. The cookie batter will become very thick. You only need to mix until everything has combined.
6) Add the chocolate chips to the batter then use a spoon or spatula to stir in the chocolate.
7) Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfulls onto baking sheet (or use a medium cookie scoop). Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until the cookies have puffed a little and the tops are dry.Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.