Lavender Scented Cupcakes
½ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon dried lavender flowers
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup self-rising flower
2 tablespoons milk
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
2) Put sugar & lavender flowers in a food processor & process to combine.
3) In a stand mixer, beat butter & lavender sugar until pale and fluffy.
4) Beat the eggs into butter mixture, one at a time. Sift in flour & mix in milk. Do not over beat.
5) Spoon mixture into paper liners. Bake for about 14-18 minutes. Until golden brown and tops spring back.
6) Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before decorating.
Perfect Buttercream Frosting
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons heavy cream
lavender food coloring
1) In a stand mixer, beat butter on medium speed until smooth.
2) Add confectioner’s sugar, vanilla & salt and beat on low until just combined. Increase speed to medium & beat until smooth.
3) Add heavy cream and food coloring & beat until light & fluffy, about 2 minutes.
4) Pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes & top with sugar pearls (optional).
So pretty! Enjoy!