Skip to main content

Get Your Pie On! Thanksgiving Kid's Table

Who doesn't love pie? I was inspired to create this ultra fun kid's tables by one of my favorite foods- pie! You can easily re-create this set-up with just a few crafty steps:


One. 
A Whimsical Centerpiece
I created these pies with large pieces of foam and felt. They bring a fun element to the table and kiddos (and big kids) will love it! You can find the basic tutorial here.

Two. 
It's all in the details!

Pie Coasters

Supplies Used:
-tan felt
-light brown felt
-round coaster (used as a template)
-pen
-scissors
-hot glue gun

Directions:
 On the light brown felt, trace circles using your round coaster as a template.
Cut out "pie crust"/ circles out of the tan felt. Cut out scalloped edges on the circles then several thin strips for the lattice look. Arrange strips and attach all tan pieces felt to light brown circles with hot glue. 


Salt Dough Wishbone Place Card Holders

Supplies Used:
-1 cup flour
-1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup water
- paint (I used light blue)

Directions:

Knead mixture into a dough & roll out into a wishbone shape. 

Place wishbones on a parchment-lined baking sheet.Bake in a 170 degree oven for several hours. 

Paint & seal.


Additional Details:
Plates: Cheeky Home
Cutlery: Target
Table Runner: Butcher Paper/ Craft Paper
Drinks: Milk Jar Glasses & Paper Straws

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mr. Potato Head Busy Board

Keep the little ones busy while they learn about their 5 senses. This Mr. Potato Head busy board is simply made with felt. Remember, felt naturally sticks to itself so the fun and possibilities are endless! Stuff You'll Need: - felt in various colors - scissors - hot glue gun  Directions: 1. Cut a large potato-shaped body out of light brown felt. 2. Make your eyes, ears, nose, mouth and arms. You can make additional fun accessories like a hat, shoes, bag, etc. Get creative! Here's Mrs. Potato Head! Emma and her masterpiece!

Au revoir! Catch me on Instagram

I initially started this blog in 2010 to chronicle  my baking adventures. In 2013 I became a mother and this space shifted to sharing my DIYs and inspiration for creative living. Since then, I've been fortunate to work with multiple companies producing creative editorial content. As I look back at this blog, I'm reminded of how your passions can actually unfold into a career. And if you're really patient and willing to put in the all the work, dream jobs do come true. So it is here where I say au revoir to my beloved blog, aka my creative journal. You can still find me on @craftedbyjen .  xoxo, Jen

DIY Pocket Yeti Hand Warmer

T his rice-filled yeti hand warmer will keep your hands warm on a chilly day. He's perfect for dog walkers or when spending time at the park with the kids. To activate the hand warmer, simply pop it into the microwave for 10 second intervals to warm the rice and place it in your pocket until you're ready to use it. He also makes the perfect stocking stuffer! Stuff You'll Need: - felt in white, light blue, black  - scissors - needle - white & black thread - rice - funnel Directions: 1. Cut out 2 pocket-sized, Yeti-shaped bodies out of the white felt. Cut out the Yeti's face out of  light blue felt and his eyes out of the black felt. Stitch them onto one of the Yeti white body pieces. For his mouth, I used black tread & a simple straight stitch. 2. Hand stitch along the Yeti keeping the stitch small so the rice doesn't fall out. Leave a little opening to fill the hand warmer with rice. 3. Use a funnel to fill the hand warmer wi...