Perfect Homemade Toffee
Simply elegant and yummy, toffee is the perfect gift to give this holiday. It makes the perfect hostess gift plus, it's easy to make!
Stuff You'll Need:
1 cup unblanched whole almonds
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package of good milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1. Toast almonds in a 9x13 pan lined with foil.
2. In a 2-quart pan combine butter, sugar, vanilla and salt.
3. Cook over medium high heat, constantly stirring with a wooden spoon (about 7-10 minutes) until toffee is the color of the skin of the almonds.
4. The toffee is extremely hot! Handle with care and immediately pour toffee over the toasted almonds. Use a spatula to spread toffee over almonds.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the hot toffee. Wait a minute then spread the melted chocolate until smooth.
(Sorry, I had to work really fast during steps 4 and 5 because the toffee sets quickly.
That's why I'm missing a couple pictures here.)
6. Sprinkle the pecans on the smooth, melted chocolate. Cool completely before breaking into yummy pieces.
Ah, yes. Perfection!