Mini Pecan Pies
When I think of pecan pie I think of the holidays. Maybe because it's that time of year to indulge in decadence with family and friends. Pecan pie is just wonderful. The filling is dark, sugary and rich and the crust is buttery and oh-so delicious. These mini versions are the perfect treat for Thanksgiving, Christmas or just about anytime...like today...I already devoured 3!
Mini Pecan Pies1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted
3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup flour
Nonstick cooking spray
1 large egg
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
1. With an electric mixer, beat the 1/2 cup butter and the cream cheese until smooth. Add the flour and beat until fully combined. Remove dough and wrap in plastic and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Set aside.
4. Shape the chilled dough into 24 balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Press each ball into a cup of the muffin pan, spreading evenly and up the sides.
Spoon 1 teaspoon of the pecans into each muffin cup.
Fill each cup with the egg mixture until evenly distributed, about 1 teaspoon in each.
5. Bake until the filling is set, about 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, and then remove from the muffin pan.
Ah, heaven in a bite!