Homemade Pop Tarts
Let's face it, pop tarts are a delicious guilty pleasure. This homemade version is simple to make. You can use any filling you want and make them any shape you'd like.
a perfect pie crust
egg wash (1 egg + 1 tsp. water)
any filling you want! I used Nutella & Strawberry jam
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a rectangle cookie cutter or ruler, cut out rectangles from your pie dough.
3. Place 1/2 of the rectangles on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Place a Tbsp. of filling on 1/2 of the rectangles.
5. Top w/ matching rectangle and crimp edges together w/ a fork.
6. Brush tops with egg wash and bake for 10-12 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
7. Cool completely on a baking rack.
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. milk
Combine all the above until smooth. Pour glaze onto the cooled pop tarts and top w/ colorful sprinkles.