Skip to main content

DIY Baby Flower Crown


Stuff You'll Need:
*Note: When choosing your flowers, go for the smaller ones. They may look small at the store but, they'll be huge on your baby's head.
Let's Play!

Step 1.
Wrap your floral wire once around your baby’s head for size (loosely) and continue to wrap the excess. (You can also use a piece of string to measure.) Now you have your base.

Step 2.
Strip the flowers down so that they are a single stem. Arrange the flowers the way you might like them to lay on flower crown.

Step 3.
 Start on one side and wrap the floral tape around the stem. Continue laying down your flowers & wrapping as you go. Trim the ends using your wire cutters (I used my pliers to crimp any loose wires) & re-wrapped any exposed wire ends. Lots of floral tape is necessary for your baby’s delicate head. 

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mr. Potato Head Busy Board

Keep the little ones busy while they learn about their 5 senses. This Mr. Potato Head busy board is simply made with felt. Remember, felt naturally sticks to itself so the fun and possibilities are endless! Stuff You'll Need: - felt in various colors - scissors - hot glue gun  Directions: 1. Cut a large potato-shaped body out of light brown felt. 2. Make your eyes, ears, nose, mouth and arms. You can make additional fun accessories like a hat, shoes, bag, etc. Get creative! Here's Mrs. Potato Head! Emma and her masterpiece!

DIY Felt Ice Cream Truck Quiet Board

I'm constantly finding new ways to entertain my little tot while I try to get work done. This adorable felt ice cream truck quiet board will keep the little ones busy, plus they can work on their counting skills, colors and building skills. And remember, felt naturally sticks to itself so the fun never ends! Stuff You'll Need: - a 20" x 15" foam board - scissors - box cutter - hot glue glue - white felt - felt in assorted colors for your truck accessories and ice cream treats Directions One: Two: Three: Cut out an ice cream truck canopy, window, truck divider & wheels out of felt (in your choice of colors). Four: Glue all the above onto your felt-covered board using your hot glue gun. Five: Create your ice cream treats! This is the fun part and the possibilities are endless. Here's Emma's "Menu" of ice cream treats I've made: happy creating! xo

Au revoir! Catch me on Instagram

I initially started this blog in 2010 to chronicle  my baking adventures. In 2013 I became a mother and this space shifted to sharing my DIYs and inspiration for creative living. Since then, I've been fortunate to work with multiple companies producing creative editorial content. As I look back at this blog, I'm reminded of how your passions can actually unfold into a career. And if you're really patient and willing to put in the all the work, dream jobs do come true. So it is here where I say au revoir to my beloved blog, aka my creative journal. You can still find me on @craftedbyjen .  xoxo, Jen