Champagne Wishes & Strawberry Dreams Cupcakes
A deliciously moist strawberry cupcake kissed with champagne buttercream.
Who needs caviar dreams when you can have strawberry dreams & champagne wishes...
3/4 cup strawberries, pureed
1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Champagne Buttercream Frosting
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons of champagne, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 12 cupcake liners in muffin pan, set a side.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set a side.
3. Process strawberries in food processor, set a side.
4. In a stand mixer, cream butter & sugar on med-high speed until light & fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add egg & egg whites. Add vanilla extract.
5. Mix together milk and the strawberry puree.
6. Alternate flour & milk mixture to mixer slowly, ending with flour & scrapping the sides of the bowl.
7. Add batter to liners and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
In a stand mixer, cream butter on med-high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and slowly add confectioner's sugar. Add vanilla and champagne. Decorate!