Skip to main content

Hey there, Snickerdoodle!

I love Snickerdoodles! They remind me of a warm bear hug. I love how the cookie is buttery and coated with yummy cinnamon and sugar. They’re perfect with a tall glass of milk, coffee or tea. And…they’re easy to make!
 

 
Let's make Snickerdoodles! You'll need:
2-¾ cups All-purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
½ teaspoons Salt
2 sticks Unsalted Butter (at room temp)
1-½ cup Sugar
2 whole Large Eggs
 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Sugar
 
 
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Put softened butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a bowl and mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in eggs. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture.
 
2. Stir together cinnamon and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into 20 (1 3/4-inch) balls; roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Space 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
 
3. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, 12 minutes.

Enjoy!
 

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Mr. Potato Head Busy Board

Keep the little ones busy while they learn about their 5 senses. This Mr. Potato Head busy board is simply made with felt. Remember, felt naturally sticks to itself so the fun and possibilities are endless! Stuff You'll Need: - felt in various colors - scissors - hot glue gun  Directions: 1. Cut a large potato-shaped body out of light brown felt. 2. Make your eyes, ears, nose, mouth and arms. You can make additional fun accessories like a hat, shoes, bag, etc. Get creative! Here's Mrs. Potato Head! Emma and her masterpiece!

Au revoir! Catch me on Instagram

I initially started this blog in 2010 to chronicle  my baking adventures. In 2013 I became a mother and this space shifted to sharing my DIYs and inspiration for creative living. Since then, I've been fortunate to work with multiple companies producing creative editorial content. As I look back at this blog, I'm reminded of how your passions can actually unfold into a career. And if you're really patient and willing to put in the all the work, dream jobs do come true. So it is here where I say au revoir to my beloved blog, aka my creative journal. You can still find me on @craftedbyjen .  xoxo, Jen

DIY Pocket Yeti Hand Warmer

T his rice-filled yeti hand warmer will keep your hands warm on a chilly day. He's perfect for dog walkers or when spending time at the park with the kids. To activate the hand warmer, simply pop it into the microwave for 10 second intervals to warm the rice and place it in your pocket until you're ready to use it. He also makes the perfect stocking stuffer! Stuff You'll Need: - felt in white, light blue, black  - scissors - needle - white & black thread - rice - funnel Directions: 1. Cut out 2 pocket-sized, Yeti-shaped bodies out of the white felt. Cut out the Yeti's face out of  light blue felt and his eyes out of the black felt. Stitch them onto one of the Yeti white body pieces. For his mouth, I used black tread & a simple straight stitch. 2. Hand stitch along the Yeti keeping the stitch small so the rice doesn't fall out. Leave a little opening to fill the hand warmer with rice. 3. Use a funnel to fill the hand warmer wi...