Skip to main content

DIY Pixar Ball-Inspired Trinket Boxes


I'm always looking for creative ways to organize Emma's toys. She likes to collect those tiny Tsum Tsum figurines and half the time I find them scattered all over the living room floor. I found these plain wooden boxes at Michael's. They're inexpensive ($2/box), small and they have a star cut-out in the wood. I immediately thought of painting them like the Pixar Luxo ball. Not only are they super cute, they're functional as well. They fit perfectly on Emma's "Toy Story" shelf. She also loves putting her toys in the boxes.

Supplies:
- wooden boxes (Michael's)
- acrylic paint in yellow, red and blue
- paint brushes

Simply paint the boxes so it resembles the Luxo ball. This may take a couple coats. Allow paint to dry completely before using.

Popular posts from this blog

Au revoir! Catch me on Instagram

I initially started this blog in 2010 to chronicle  my baking adventures. In 2013 I became a mother and this space shifted to sharing my DIYs and inspiration for creative living. Since then, I've been fortunate to work with multiple companies producing creative editorial content. As I look back at this blog, I'm reminded of how your passions can actually unfold into a career. And if you're really patient and willing to put in the all the work, dream jobs do come true. So it is here where I say au revoir to my beloved blog, aka my creative journal. You can still find me on @craftedbyjen .  xoxo, Jen

DIY Mr. Potato Head Busy Board

Keep the little ones busy while they learn about their 5 senses. This Mr. Potato Head busy board is simply made with felt. Remember, felt naturally sticks to itself so the fun and possibilities are endless! Stuff You'll Need: - felt in various colors - scissors - hot glue gun  Directions: 1. Cut a large potato-shaped body out of light brown felt. 2. Make your eyes, ears, nose, mouth and arms. You can make additional fun accessories like a hat, shoes, bag, etc. Get creative! Here's Mrs. Potato Head! Emma and her masterpiece!

DIY Pocket Yeti Hand Warmer

T his rice-filled yeti hand warmer will keep your hands warm on a chilly day. He's perfect for dog walkers or when spending time at the park with the kids. To activate the hand warmer, simply pop it into the microwave for 10 second intervals to warm the rice and place it in your pocket until you're ready to use it. He also makes the perfect stocking stuffer! Stuff You'll Need: - felt in white, light blue, black  - scissors - needle - white & black thread - rice - funnel Directions: 1. Cut out 2 pocket-sized, Yeti-shaped bodies out of the white felt. Cut out the Yeti's face out of  light blue felt and his eyes out of the black felt. Stitch them onto one of the Yeti white body pieces. For his mouth, I used black tread & a simple straight stitch. 2. Hand stitch along the Yeti keeping the stitch small so the rice doesn't fall out. Leave a little opening to fill the hand warmer with rice. 3. Use a funnel to fill the hand warmer wi...